1. PANDA CAM! These adorable creatures from China spend their day eating, sleeping, pooping, playing and more sleeping. I can’t help but be jealous of this lifestyle! http://live.ipanda.com/
2. PENGUIN CAM! When one gets tired of pandas (please) there is always the live feed of penguins at Sea World to go gaga over. Nothing cuter than a few waddling penguins! I think these guys know where the camera is so beware, you may encounter a penguin mooning. http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-sanantonio/Animals/Webcams/Penguin-Cam
3. Cookie Clicker. Who in the world found this one? Leave it to the intern and now everyone’s addicted. You click on cookies, that’s all there is to it. Cookies. I have 9.8 billion. http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/
4. OTTER CAM! More cameras, but they’re sea otters! These cutie pies are just so much fun to watch and I want to squish their cute little faces. Feeding and training sessions: 10:30am, 1:30pm, and 3:30pm PST. You’ll get more activity during these times, and even learn a little something about sea otters! http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/efc/efc_otter/otter_cam.aspx
5. Duck Dynasty. Now, while I’m not too into this… yet, there are some others around here who can’t get enough. Eating, sleeping, talking Duck Dynasty all day long. Did you know there are quite a few apps out there too? Oh yes, and they can cause quite the stir! http://www.aetv.com/duck-dynasty/
Check out my grungy old DD beard courtesy of the Beard Booth app.
6. Beer. Yep, you heard right. When you work in an office that has its own beer brewing factory (kitchen), you tend to yearn for 6:00pm a lot earlier in the day. Especially when that beer factory comes with a dart board and sweet tunes. I’d like to say that I am a very happy beer taster; these guys do amazing work!
7. YouTube. This one is never going away. There is always going to be someone, somewhere that says, “I watched the funniest video ever last night and you have to see it!” My most recent moment was SNL’s parody, “What Does My Girl Say?” If you haven’t yet seen it, I watched the funniest video ever last night and you have to see it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foMQX9ZExsE
8. Party Excuses. Somehow, every single day on the calendar has become a day to celebrate. Everything from Guacamole Day, Tell an Old Joke Day, Talk like a Pirate Day all the way to Cookie Day, Espresso Day and Sangria Day. All of which we have either celebrated or plan to celebrate! http://www.partyexcuses.com/
Here are some crazy pirates on Talk like a Pirate Day. And we had a pirate cake!
9. Photoshop. Although we use Photoshop everyday around here, sometimes work can tangent into practical joke making. When Sharknado took the world by storm (no pun intended), we got a little creative around here and added one of the office dogs, Guido, to the mix.
10. Facebook. This one is a no brainer. I don’t care who you are or what you do, unless you don’t have a Facebook account, you are on Facebook at least once a day. Here’s a link in case you haven’t had your Facebook fix today. http://www.facebook.com/
We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and a safe new year! We have so much exciting stuff happening in the next few months. SlotALot is looking great, and we can't wait for it to launch so we can finally share it with everyone. We're also almost done with our office expansion here in Downtown Reno, and the new space is going to be so cool! Stay tuned for more.
We are getting closer and closer to launching our new game SlotALot for Android and iOS devices, and we recently had a beta testing event for the game that went great! We thank everyone over at The Abbi Agency who helped put it together. We were happy to send some of our testers away with free tickets to the CANFEST event happening tonight at the Downtown Reno Ballroom from 6pm - 10pm, and we're also happy to be one of the event sponsors. To everyone going: be safe and have fun!
Tomorrow is our second annual office trip to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo! We’ve all got our eyes on you, new Superman ride. Have a great day at the office tomorrow everyone.
Ryan Cullins, our Chief Creative Officer and Larry Crapo, our VP of Sales & Business Development spoke at a summer school class teaching video game design at Hunsberger Elementary this week! They gave a presentation and were available to answer any questions the sixteen students enrolled in the course had about making video games. Why weren’t courses this awesome around when we were still in school? News 4 coverage of their stop can be found here:
A gauntlet has been thrown, everyone. Darik Volpa – the CEO of a little company called Understand.com – and our own CEO, James Kosta have decided to face off later this month. A friendly amount of bickering regarding our two companies sharing the NCET 2012 “Software Company of the Year” award has led us to a kickball challenge happening on June 22nd. The kickball game – the inaugural of what will hopefully catch on as an annual tech company kickball challenge – will take place on the Reno Aces field starting at 1pm. The event will be free, so come show your support, or just get a laugh out of a bunch of artists and computer programmers running around a baseball field. Our early prediction: 3G will prevail!
It’s such a beautiful spring day! We’re happy to be able to send some of our people out to the Will Golf Fore Food golf tournament at the Wolf Run Golf Course in support of UNR’s student athletes. Wish all of our people luck out there today. Fore!
300 E. 2nd St.
Reno, NV 89501